Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer!


Village Books looks full-ish, but I'm told we have 23 boxes yet to unpack! I blather on about a book and reach for it (to show a customer) and (wait for it) IT'S NOT THERE!

Just now wondering how long I can use the "just moved" excuse for my general disorganization...

A large cache of great stuff just came in (Thanks, Dave!) including a couple Chuck Paliahniuks, Bang the Drum Slowly (for you baseball types) and a pile of Richard Price. I just got a lovely (and strange) vintage booklet, Aunt Lydia's Rug Yarn Collection, for those lovely (and strange) knitting folk. Jeff made six new iron hooks, so anyone who has been looking - we're re-stocked for now.

I just finished watching a BBC version of Little Dorrit (Dickens, you know) and think that might be my next re-read, while A Place of My Own, by Michael Pollan (Omnivore's Dilemna) is my "new" read. Along with four or five others, as usual.

Come & see the peonies!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment