A splash of color on this unseasonably warm, torrential & dreary Monday. Slush on the steps. Cold & dark in the store. Hmmm... But new books coming in all the time!
Latest acquisitions include:
Audio Books (yes, I have those!):
- Knitting Yarns & Spinning Tales (new) from Knitting Out Loud
- Summerland by Michael Chabon (used)
- Diary by Chuck Palahniuk (used)
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (used)
- The Secret Life of Bees (used)by Sue Monk Kidd
- The Full Cupboard of Life (used) by Alexander McCall Smith
- The Devil Wears Prada (new) by Lauren Weisberger
Cool, old books include:
- A Cynics Meditations by Walter Pulitzer (1904) Random (I swear!) sample:
If woman makes all the trouble in life, it's woman who makes life worth all the trouble.
- Leftover Life to Fill by Caitlin Thomas (1957) widow of Dylan Thomas
- Knitting Illustrated by M. Murray & J. Koster (1949)
- The Story of the Bible (two vol., 1863, leather )w/800 color illustrations
- My Window Looks Down East by Elinor Graham (1951)
- Pie for Breakfast by Lawrence & Marion Averill (1954)
- Yankee Coast by Robert P. Tristram Coffin (1947)
- The Interrupted Forest: A History of Maine's Wildlands by Neil Rolde (sc, 2001)
Poet Dave Morrison of Camden just published a new collection, Black Boat, Black Water, Black Sand ! Highly recommended! We have it signed!
Winnie & Lucy, our cashmere goats, say:
TURN OFF THE WATER!!!