Monday, August 10, 2009

Village Books at Eolian Farm

This past weekend I was lucky enough to be invited to be a vendor at Eolian Farm in Newcastle, Maine during the '09 Fiber Tour. We enjoyed gorgeous weather (other than the Wizard of Oz style storm that hit us briefly) and met lots of great people.

Kate Nichols shawl & scarves

I packed up all my fiber-related stuff (heavy emphasis on knitting!) and joined Linda of Fiber Nation, Anna of Barber's Bunnies, Jenni of Eolian and her mom, Edna for two days of demonstrations, talk and delicious yarn. In my booth I also represented the usual suspects: Jeff's hooks, my Knitvision landscapes, Knitting Out Loud Audiobooks (new title: Mason-Dixon Knitting) and textile designer Kate Nichols' hand-woven accessories.

Knitvision by Karen Jelenfy
As both a bookseller and as an artist, I'm getting steered inexorably toward the fiber world. Not so surprising when I remember that I started out (art-wise) as a weaver!

Look at all this beautiful stuff!

Fiber Nation Wool/Mohair blend

Eolian Farm Shetland Wool

Barber's Bunnies Angora/Merino Blend

These are gorgeous, soft artisan yarns from Maine. All of them knit up beautifully, especially on large needles.

More shots of the event:
Edna Brown at her loom
Anna & Ivy
Barber's Bunnies







Jenni Johnson of Eolian Farm







Linda sets up
Fiber Nation




Knitting Out Loud

Meanwhile, in the bookstore, I'm completely re-organizing the shop AGAIN. Whoever guesses what I'd like to add as inventory, will get a free book! (retail value: $6.00)

More soon,

Karen

1 comment: